April was a month of planting and digging and mowing it seems. I started to read The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt which I am enjoying and will most likely finish sometime in June!
We started to re-do the bathroom and found some cool old wallpaper and the original floor tiles. Easter hopped by and welcomed Spring and all things new and growing. I made hot cross buns and Simnel cake which is all long gone.
Sunflowers seeds were planted on Earth Day and we are watching them peek through the soil and grow at breakneck speed.
I started to run again after about a year of not really running, I am looking at a half marathon in October, so there is some incentive to keep pounding the pavement.
April was also another month of Fat Mum Slim’s Photo a Day, so here are mine.
1. Something purple.
2. In my hand. I made a little clutch bag in linen fabric with some machine embroidery on the front.
3. Shapes. In the new rain barrel.
4. Good together. Seeds and soil.
5. Not Mine. A super pretty Magnolia tree in flower at a local plant nursery.
6. A taste of Spring. The lavender bed is planted.
7. Where I’d Rather Be. Reading my new book.
10. My Fave Part of the Day. When it is sunny!
11. 3 of a Kind.
12. On My Left. A ‘One Direction’ sticker on the track I spotted during Bootcamp.
13. More Please!
14. Dirty. The wallpaper we found under the skirting board in the bathroom.
15. I’m Reading This. Recipe for Easter.
16. My Vice. Chocolate spread in between biscuits.
17. Something I’ve Learned. Sometimes the library is the only place for peace and quiet.
21. Close. Awfully close storm clouds on a morning run.
22. Four Things. All out of my bag.
24. A Pop of Colour.
26. Enjoy the Little Things. A cupcake ring gift!
27. Under My Feet.
29. Contrast. A giant mushroom amid the dark green leaves.
30. Something Silly.
May is here and the photo taking continues! I love to look back over the daily photos and see the seasons change.
Have a lovely weekend. See you tomorrow for Six Word Saturday.
That’s all folks