As we embark on the month of August, there seems to be a plethora of photo a day challenges. They are around every corner. Which to choose? I have been doing the Fat Mum Slim challenge for a couple of years now and I really enjoy that it makes you keep a daily photo record to look back on, so I will be carrying on with this one.
There are some new ones which have popped up for August only. Jess at Create and Thrive has made one called ‘A month in the Life’ which appeals to me because it is a specific ‘work’ challenge and the prompts are all relevant to what you do, where, how and why.
Bon Bon Break have one too called ‘Get Outside’, again with relevant prompts and Instagram based. This is a good one because they encourage you to like other people’s pictures and comment which is always nice to do.
The August challenge I decided to take on is Susannah Conway’s August Break which is intended to give bloggers a break from the blog and allow them just to post photos for August. I am not going to only post the photos, I will carry on posting, but my weekly round up on a Monday will be the challenge photos. I will share them on Instagram too.
Do you participate in any photo a day challenges? Will you be joining one for August? Let me know so I can come and see your photos.
In the meantime, here are my July Photo a Day pics.
2. Something beginning with K. The Kia Soul stage at Warped Tour 2014.
3. Match. Unopened hibiscus flowers, all matching.
7. First. The first sweet peas.
8. I’ve Never…. Read to a dog before!
10. Sharp. Vintage needles.
12. Interior. Inside my gym locker.
13. Look Up.
14. Old School. Cassette tapes.
16. Listening to… Shaun The Sheep!
18. Admire. I admire my neighbour for growing fab tomatoes!
20. Moment. Salsa moment.
21. Basic. Sno Cones are a summer basic. This one is ice cream flavour!
22. I Wore This!
25. Home. My mini post box reminds me of home.
26. Fun. At a ‘Twenty One Pilots’ concert.
27. Ten. Clothes pegs.
30. Lost. Just exploring, not lost!
31. Rise. Temperatures are rising.
Happy August, don’t forget to share any challenges you are doing and your Instagram, so I can come and find you!
One of these days I might join up. I really enjoy looking at yours, favorites are the hibiscus and the clothespins. Lillian from It’s a Dome Life is doing a stick figure challenge this month that I am going to try to keep up with.
It becomes habit alarmingly quickly! I have just popped over to It’s a Dome Life and I LOVE the stick figure idea, I am going to dig out a sketchbook right now and starting!!! Not sure I will be sharing my masterpieces, but I love the idea of having a funny book full of stick men! I will get the kids to join in too (well, I will try….).